Welcome to the NLLA Frequently Asked Questions page. This page will be updated as new questions are asked and answered.
- Do you offer introductory sessions?
- What are the age groups?
- What equipment does my child need?
- What nights will my child play?
- When does the season start and end?
- Where will my child play?
- When / Where can I register my child?
- How much is registration?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
Do you offer introductory sessions?
There are no, free introductory session planned at this time. The first three sessions will cover basic rules and the fundamentals of the game.
What are the age groups?
The age groups for the Spring / Summer 2017 program are as follows.
What equipment does my child need?
The following equipment must be worn by all players at all times. Players without any of the following equipment will not be allowed to participate in that session.
- Helmet with a full CSA approved wire face mask (Glass visors are not permitted)
- Lacrosse stick
- Lacrosse gloves (highly suggested but hockey gloves acceptable)
- Shoulder pads & Elbow pads (hockey styles acceptable)
- Protective cup (baseball cup is recommended but hockey cup is acceptable)
- Athletic clothing and footwear
- Mouth guard
- Rib pads (pee-wee and above)
- Bicep pad (pee-wee and above)
A full description of required equipment can be seen here.
What nights will my child play?
The NLLA weekly schedule typically starts Monday ends Thursday. Your child will play two sessions per week with each session being one hour in length.
Schedules will be finalized once registration closes. Please check our website at http://nllacrosse.ca/schedule/ for a complete schedule. This schedule is updated as new information becomes available.
When does the season start and end?
The NLLA season typically starts the first week of May and ends the first week of July. This can change depending on arena availability.
Please check our website at http://nllacrosse.ca/schedule/ for a complete schedule. This schedule is updated as new information becomes available.
Where will my child play?
All 2017 Spring/Summer house league games and practices will be taking place at the NorthPoint Arena at 42 O’Leary Avenue and the Capital Hyundai Arena at 138 Pennywell Rd, St John’s.
When / Where can I register my child?
Newfoundland and Labrador Lacrosse will be holding on-line registration sessions for the 2017 Spring/Summer house league. The on-line registration form can be found —HERE—
How much is registration?
The NLLA registration costs for the 2017 Spring / Summer program is $160.00 per child.
What methods of payment do you accept?
For on-site registration we accept cash, cheque, and major credit cards (MasterCard, and Visa). For on-line registration we accept all major credit cards and paypal transfers.